Short Films Matter is an online short film platform that reviews independent short films from across the globe.
We are proud to feature the work of up-and-coming talent as well as established filmmakers.
Unlike other curated short film platforms, we never reject short films. All films submitted are guaranteed to be showcased on our website.
We feature 1000+ short film reviews categorized by genre, subject, language, year and country of origin, facilitating easy navigation for our visitors and enhancing search engine visibility for short films.
Short Films Matter is not a film festival, distributor, video sharing platform, event organizer, or awards ceremony. Instead, we concentrate on offering published feedback on the production and narrative strengths of submitted content.
Each review includes a star-rating and promotion on our Instagram page. Unlike festivals or events, we accept submissions year-round without any specific deadlines.
1. All short films must be publicly hosted on YouTube or Vimeo. If your short film is currently in a festival season. you can submit a trailer. This can be and changed later once your festival season has concluded.
2. Short Films must be 40 minutes or less.
3. You can submit a film that was produced/released in any year, country or language.
4. We accept all types of short films, including: Action, Animation, Comedy, Drama, Documentary, Experimental, Horror, LGBTQ+, Music, Mystery, Sci-Fi and Thriller.
5. We do not refund submissions.
6. Subtitles are required if the film is not in the English language.
Short Films Matter does not store or distribute your video content. Your short film or trailer is directly embedded from your YouTube or Vimeo account, ensuring that you retain full control over your content.
If your short film is currently in a festival season, we can showcase the trailer or a still image instead. You can request changes any time prior to publication.
We strive to publish all reviews withing 14 days of your submission. Due to periods of high demand, this may take longer. If you still haven’t received your review within 14 days, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We published all reviews, along with still images (or trailer if provided) on our instagram page. Please ensure you provide your usernames/handles within the submission page so we can tag you (this is optional).